Have you ever noticed how all chefs and cooks on the Food Channel use gas stoves and ovens to prepare their delicious dishes? Gas appliances have the tendency to add an elegant touch to any kitchen.
If you’re considering switching from electric to gas in your kitchen, but you’re not sure if it’s the right decision, the team at Action Gas is here to help by giving you all the pros and cons of cooking with gas.
- It’s much faster to cook with gas. You turn on the burner which then turns hot instantly and you’re ready to go.
- A gas stove is easily adjustable. Switching from high or medium to simmer with an electric stove takes a lot of time since the plate needs to cool off. With gas, you just turn the knob and the heat is lowered in an instant.
- According to experts, gas flames offers more uniform cooking than an electric burner due to the flames spreading evenly along the bottom of the pan.
- It will cost you less to use gas. Electricity is getting more expensive every day whereas gas is much more affordable. Gas suppliers are also more reliable.
- Upfront costs are higher. However, you will recover the costs quickly with lower energy costs.
- The safety concern associated with gas. Gas in itself is not dangerous but you have to be careful when using a gas stove or any gas appliance for that matter. Make sure to turn the gas off to avoid releasing gas into the air which can lead to fire or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Now that you have all the information you need, you can make an informed decision. If we can offer one piece of advice it is to use a professional, certified gas installer for the conversion. Action Gas is an accredited LP Gas installer offering gas installations in Johannesburg and surrounds. Get in touch for a free quote.