Gas appliances offer many advantages over electric appliances. The most significant advantage is that you won’t have to rely on unreliable sources to cook your food or keep your water warm.
Another big advantage is affordability. In the face of all the rate hikes pushed through by our energy supplier, most people aren’t able to keep up, so we’ll either need to reduce the amount of electricity we use or find alternative means to power our appliances.
Recent years have seen a growing demand for gas in South Africa. In spite of popular misconceptions, gas is safe to use. As long as you use it properly and have your appliances installed by professionals. You should also perform regular maintenance on your appliances to keep them in good working condition and to prevent accidents from occurring.
Tips For Safely Using Your Gas Heater
- Turn off your heater before you leave your home or before you go to bed.
- Routine maintenance is essential for keeping your heater safe and functional.
- Never use aerosol sprays or flammable cleaning chemicals near the gas heater.
- Avoid getting too close to your gas heater. Although gas heaters feel nice and warm, they can cause serious burns.
- Warming up clothes or towels over the gas heater is not a good idea. If you do this, you can easily start a fire.
- Keep small children and pets away from your gas heater to prevent them from getting burned.
Installing and maintaining gas appliances requires the help of professional, accredited gas installers. Saving a few rands isn’t worth risking the safety of yourself and your family!
With a reputation for reliable, affordable, professional, and accredited installations, Action Gas Installations Johannesburg is your best option. Furthermore, we are licensed LP gas installers and we can assist with COC certification when selling your house.
We have a wide selection of gas stoves, geysers and fireplaces available to choose from. With our after-sales service, we keep your unit in excellent condition so you can enjoy it for longer! We can repair a broken gas appliance unless, of course, it needs to be replaced. Contact ActionGas right away!